Laboratory works and geotechnical field testing
A part of our company is also fully equipped soil mechanics laboratory, which provides laboratory analysis of soil, rock and water in a scope required for all types of ground and transport structures. All analyzes are carried out in accordance with requirements of applicable technical standards.
Testing laboratory performs:
- tests of descriptive characteristics and grain size analysis to determine a type and condition of soil, allowing their classification,
- triaxial and box strength tests to determine soil shear strength (total, effective, peak and residual),
- strain odometer test with stepped loading, measuring the time course of consolidation, swelling, sedimentary,
- strength test of rock for common pressure,
- technological soil test to determine the relative density and bearing ratio (CBR, IBI),
- test for soil improvement proposal by binder (for example lime, Dorosol),
- sample analysis of groundwater and surface water for construction purposes in terms of aggressiveness environment for concrete structures.
In the field of geotechnical field testing we provide tests and measurements for completion of engineering-geological surveys or to verify level compaction of soil and loose material in accordance with applicable technical standards ČSN. Some of our devices, which perform tests of in-site, are:
- heavy dynamic penetration kit for performing dynamic penetration tests (30 or 50 kg),
- devices for performing static load test serve to check the compaction of soils and loose materials (foundation soil, embankments, backfill excavations, etc.),
- devices for performing impact load test serve to indirect method of soil and loose materials check,
- devices for determination of volume density in-site.
Geotechnical Centre – laboratory
K Vápence 2677; 530 35 Pardubice
Head of laboratory:
RNDr. Petr Vitásek
Tel.: +420 267 094 414